Calling all girls!
Calling all girls!
Delta lacrosse is looking for girls born in 2014 and older to come and play on a a female only team.
Girls box who play together, stay together!
Benefits of playing lacrosse:
• Female only teams promote friendships and bonds that help motivate women to stay in sports
longer, develop more skills and see more long-term success.
• Lacrosse promotes a high level of fitness and is a great cross training sport for both soccer and
• Develops agility, balance, speed and hand/eye coordination
We all aspire to have our children get a great education and the path to that goal can be obtained by
scholarships. Lacrosse for girls can provide a path less travelled vs. other sports, therefore increasing
opportunities. In the past few years, Delta has produced several female players that have successfully
secured scholarships in the US.
Lacrosse is an NCAA sport, and many top colleges are attracted to the skills that Canadian players
develop by playing box lacrosse. Read about the Canadian impact on field lacrosse here: Canadians
Make an Impact on American College Lacrosse Teams or search online for “lacrosse scholarships” to
find out more.
Some other considerations for parents…
Here are a few extra perks, from a parent’s point of view:
* The box season is short, intense, is a great complement to winter sports, and does not
intrude on family vacation time.
* Lacrosse is very competitively priced compared to other sports
*$50 discount to all females who play on a female only team
*Free stick to all new tyke players
In the past, playing with the boys was the only option for girls. Many stop playing a sport they love as they
begin to feel intimidated on the floor. We now have an opportunity to take the girls game to the next level
and not only provide excellence in coaching but provide your daughters with life long friendships and
comradery unique to an all female team.